Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Behind the Scenes: Forum Snowboards '08-'09 Ad Campaign


This is a behind the scenes look at the Forum '08-'09 ad shoot, where snowboarding and Hollywood were brought together. I'd wanted to do a shoot like this for some time. My gaffer, Mark McClanahan, hooked us up with a 4-ton grip truck for the shoot. He told me that we had about 1 million dollars worth of lighting and camera gear from Briese Lighting in L.A. We needed four additional photo assistants to manage all the stuff. Everyone from the Forum marketing department was also on hand to help with production and lightbox setup. 
When we got to Northstar there was hardly any snow left because it was so late in the season. I don't know how they pulled it off, but the Northstar park staff were some of the best, and hardest working people I've ever worked with. The most amazing part of the whole shootwas that we had  twenty-five people on set, working eighteen hour days five days in a row to make this happen. They were all there because they believed in this project and in my vision. I would like to thank everyone who was involved for making the dream a reality. 


Ian Ruhter



2 comments:

Zak.Shelhamer said...

Man that is so next level, great job!

mikehedge said...

awesome. great BTS