Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thoughts...

This is a quote from Albert Einstein that I've been thinking about a lot lately:

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

I've thought about this for a long time, and I wonder how it would be possible to change facts. What I think is that the truth is based on the majority of people agreeing on something. For example, we all agree that the sky is blue, so we accept this as being a fact. On the other hand, if everyone said that the sky was pink, what we would be seeing would be called pink, and that would be considered a fact. I feel like truth is based upon perception. We should stop considering things to be facts because the majority of people say they are. In my opinion, our perception of reality is an illusion based on how and what we want to see and feel. For example, there could be two people in 32 degree weather. One could say, "It's cold" because he's from a warmer climate, and that could be considered a fact. The other person could say, "It's warm out" because he's from a place where it's -10 degrees, but the majority of people wouldn't agree and therefore that would not be considered a fact. I do believe in Einstein's statement, and I try to apply this whenever I'm shooting and am faced with a problem that seems as if it has no solution. 


No comments: