Thursday, August 20, 2009

everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it (Kandee Johnson in NYC)

While I was in NYC with, Kandee (Johnson), and after we finished up her
Glaminars, there were all these balloons left over from the class. In typical Kandee form, she just grabbed all of them and started walking the streets of New York. The only thing I could do was grab my camera and follow.

We shot photos in the middle of the street, in rush hour traffic. People were looking at us like we were crazy! As we made our way down the street to union square, we stopped at this big blue wall and I starting shooting her with my point and shoot. I started thinking this would be amazing to film, so I turned it to video mode and shot this scene. I’ve never shot any video with that camera, and looking at how fun this shot is, makes me think, “ why don’t I do things like this more often?!?” I had this technology in my hands for a year now!

The one thing I didn’t get a shot of, were the people’s reaction around us! They were freaking out! They started gathering around like we were shooting a Vogue cover. I could not stop laughing. This was a super fun moment.

10 comments:

Irina said...

Its really nice video! Kandee with baloons looks great! Very positive and happy!

I have Nikon D90 and I will try to record some videos too! Now I feel inspired! :)

Jennifer Coomer said...

And this is why everyone loves Kandee! Dangerous Wonder!

greek said...

hi..luv the muse..luv the video...stark contrasts..very artistic..bravo !!!...oh..j'adore la musique aussi...

Unknown said...

Thats freekin sweet Ian.

rocky said...

That is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love how the yellow pops through. :)

polisharchitect said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
polisharchitect said...

it's 8am and this is just the best way to start new day; watch 2-minutes smiling Kandee

PS, excuse me, who's music is the soundtrack ? :)

Unknown said...

the video is very very nice...:)
i think the music is by thievery corporation...?

BoricuaSouL said...

Simply Beautiful!!

pinkcherrymama said...

i wish i had your talent to make such a simple moment so beautiful. totally rad :)