Monday, September 7, 2009

Down Town, LA _Project 09 #7



While I was walking through the street of Down Town LA on my photo adventure I passed this alley my friend Jordon and we stopped dead in our tracks. We both were in awe of the scene that was unfolding down this alley. There were three young kids playing soccer it looked like a scene from a movie shoot in a third world country. The sun had set and light was amazing.

We walked down this alley and I started shooting photos. Thing I like about shooting sports is it gives people an escape form every day life. You can feel the fun in this photo even the mom on the side is smiling as her kid play in the street.

I live in Santa Monica for five years. Santa Monica is a beach town in los Angles for the most part I considered it to be white yuppie area. I never saw any kids playing in the streets. As a matter of fact I never saw people out side of the houses. It was strange to me. I think this is why I got so stoked on this scene it reminded me of how my friends I use to play in the street as kids growing up.

I had to put up my hand to stop the ball from hitting the camera in this shoot.This is the alley were these kid call home. Their house is tucked back in there I would of look at this as a soccer filed in tell now.

This is the alley were these kid call home. Their house is tucked back in there I would of never look at this as a soccer filed in tell now.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the second photo.

ian ruhter photography said...

that's my favorite one too!

Princess of many sorts. said...

You take gorgeous photos:)

pinkcherrymama said...

hey, that's my cousin!