Tuesday, June 22, 2010

wet plate collodion demons





Ok this is an interesting one. I shot this photo of a man named Clifford as he was waiting for the bus. My first exposure seamed to be perfect but his face went black. I was very confused by this. When I got home I started looking at it to see what went wrong. Over his right shoulder I noticed a face in the background. It looks like some kind of ghost or spirit. It kind of creep me out. I’m not superstitious but there is some strange going on in this photo. In the olden days people you to think that your reflection is your soul. Mirrors, when you look into them, reflect your soul, not black light that hits them. So, if your reflection is your soul, then the camera captures your reflection witch means, it captures you soul. Is it possible that it captured this face as a spirit and that is why his human one went black? I don’t know but it is something to think about.

You can double click the image to enlarge it.
this looks like a faint image of a face looking over his shoulder.
what do you think?
Location:6th & main st, LA ca