Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Flim: the impossible project" Polaroid"

 I ordered some new film from Polaroid’s impossible project. The package came in the mail I felt like it was my birthday.  I went out and started shooting photos immediately. The impossible project is a very important part of photography that was all most lost when the digital revolution started.
                  This is the blue tone film I was not sure if i would like it  at first. I'm very pleased with.




                                                          What is the Impossible project?
In October 2008 The Impossible Project saved the last Polaroid production plant for Integral Instant film in Enschede (NL) and started to re-invent and re-produce a new instant film for traditional Polaroid Cameras. 





The Impossible factory is located in building Noord (North) of the former Polaroid plant in Enschede. Since the opening of the factory, this impressive black and white striped building has been the heart of the film production, housing the giant production machines. All other machinery needed for starting the re-production of Instant Film have been moved to building Noord by the impossible team. With this new and modern setup the production was downscaled from 3-4 buildings in Polaroid times to just one building.



Upon entering the building you can immediately inhale this very special mixture of oil, chemicals, age and passion. Old furniture, diplomas from the last decades mixed with pictures of the new setup. On the ground level the huge warehouse gives room to hundreds of shelves that are partly filled with packaging, pallets and chemicals, left over from past years, and partly deserted, waiting for new film 


Sepia film


This is a negative for the back of the peal apart film.





I was not sure if i liked this film after I shoot a couple of photos. Then I figured it out and I think its my favorite







                                           I hope this inspires you to try this film you can buy it here.
                                                      http://www.the-impossible-project.com/


1 comment:

Kandee Johnson said...

those Cadillac pictures are my favorites!